Contraindications (reasons not to receive cupping therapy or to seek doctor approval.)
Cupping is contraindicated in cases of severe diseases, such as cardiac failure, renal failure, ascites due to hepato-cirrhosis and severe edema, as well as hemorrhagic diseases such as allergic pupura, hemophilia and leukemia, and clients with dermatosis, destruction of skin, or allergic dermatitis.
Cupping should not be applied on an area where a hernia exists or has occurred in the past.
For pregnant women, work on the lower abdomen, inner side of the leg and sacral (tail bone) region should be avoided. Also, if you have never received a cupping treatment, you should wait until the 2nd trimester to receive your first treatment.
If you are unsure whether or not a condition you have may be contraindicated, please first consult your doctor.
- broken bones
- slipped disks
- those undergoing cancer treatments such as radiation (check with Doctor)
- ruptured, ulcerated, inflamed skin
- Fever- you will be sent home
- DEHYDRATION- Will not use cupping but massage if fine.
- Bleeding disorders
- Acute stages of Psoriasis, Eczema, or Rosacea